Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Yes, more Internet Dating, but I'm gonna be tough(ish)




Something better change. It's an old song for the new year.

Thing is, things have changed so fast and so often, I feel like I can barely keep my head on at times. Fret not, it is affixed fairly well, and I am truly appreciative of those who have contributed to this state!

Had a lovely avo with da mamma yesterday. She made me nice sandwitches (witches?) and we had some really funny conversations that cheered me up immensely. Ah, one was a play on words. I was being horrible about some old trout (can't even think of who I was slandering now) and pondering if she'd had a hysterectomy. Mum thought I'd said a 'mysterectomy'. So we decided that was a good word anyway. Mum made up the definition to follow:

Mysterectomy: something has been removed, but you're not sure what it is.

Been busy with social engagements as one does tend to be at this time of year. Had a nice drinks date last night with a blue-eyed Canadian. He was very handsome, nice, possibly a little highly strung. Yes yes, I know, what the fuck ... I'm back on Internet Dating! Ha ha!

Geeze, you'd think The Painter would have put me off until the new year wouldn't you? But I think I'm going to just be a bit tougher about it this time. I think it's not really what was done, but how it was done. I need to remember that he wasn't actually trying to hurt me. People are funny and confused, especially if they have a history of addiction and mental illness, I should know that by now. It's all a learnin' that's for sure. Still learning and always will be.

Here is a weeeeeee poem for your pleasure:

The Undoing

Between Jesus and Lady Death
I lay down
and innocence undid me

we are naked
unashamed
reaching for the tears
that wash away this fear
of being seen

I saw you
I sipped upon your sorrow
I did not turn away.



Merry Christmas to those who see, who stay, who do not turn away. And merry Christmas to those figuring out how to do it. ;)

1 comment:

Frockstar said...

Mysterectomy is officially my new favourite word! <3