Popular Posts

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mojo Rising! What was with last week?

Monday

Well dang me, I don't know why last week was such a Mojo Crusher, perhaps the planets were in some strange alignment (I should ask Grizelda, the Witchy Goddess of Titirangi).

On Saturday I was supposed to go for coffee and walk with the Sexy Older Man, but he rang and due to unforseen acting duties (oh the rehearsals are going for three hours) I was left singing "don't leaaavee mee highh, don't leave me dryyyyyyy".

It was a bit bloody annoying, I could have made other plans! It sort of threw me, pooh me. Andrew (The Sexy Young Ex) and I were already planning on going to the movies that night, he rang early, and fortunately I got the friendship and connection I needed. Yep, got me a healing.

How to Negotiate Friendship with the Ex

I have no definitive answer, but Andrew and I have decided that a catch up every two weeks is ok, and nowhere near a bed. Yes, that's my main tip, step away from the bed!

We went to a restaurant on Scenic Drive called The Refreshment Room. I had a bean soup which sounds disgusting, but was actually really delicious and also reasonably priced at $12. The coffee was fuck my spine strong, and as we left we admired a couple's whiskery dog (her name was Lulu).
Just down the road from there is the Pipeline walk at the start of Woodlands Rd. We walked 25 minutes in, then turned back as darkness fell. The trees and fine foliage sent us healing energy.

Went to St Lukes (aka St Lucifer's) and tried to find a decent movie to watch (nope), so we watched a DVD instead. It was the one where the attractive couple end up caring for their friend's baby. Loved it, and Andrew was near tears! The female actress (is it Katherine Heigl?) looked like Heather Huxford Smarty Pants, my American friend in Korea.

Last night I went with Claire to this Meditation Evening at the Titirangi Beach Hall, led by Caitlin Casey. We stretched, we chanted, we allowed purple light to enter our third eye and down the inner wall of our spines. Ooooh errrrrr!

I slept ridiculously well last night. I dreamt I had this nice boyfriend, but he reminded me a lot of this guy I went out with when I was 24 who we will call the Toy Man (he collected action figures).

Toy Man was just lovely but lied about really strange things (told me he had ball cancer when he didn't, and also told the woman he went out with after me that I was a nymphomaniac! Weird!).

The last I ever heard about Toy Man was that he'd told the owner of a comic shop he was recovering from a heart attack. I guess he needs to be 'sick' to get attention. Eventually he really will be sick and I'm sure it will be like a dream come true.

Guilt

Guilt is a big fucking waste of time. Guilt keeps us from love, honesty and joy. Obviously it doesn't mean killing your mum and dancing on her grave, but it does mean doing things because you really do want to do them, that your actions are based on truth.


Gratitude

So gentle reader, I fly free, flushing the guilt down the loo along with the pooh.
Last night I sat on Tenika's bed and we talked about ten things we were each grateful for, and then I suggested that during the night our souls would gather up starlight and let it illuminate our chakras (energy centres in the body).
This was a truly yummy thought, and we imagined this light burning or eating away at any pain in our bodies, any blocks to our joy.

Now I share it with you. You are filled with starlight. You can feel it fill your joints, your blood, your heart, your feet, your fingers ... you are this amazing endless expression of love and joy.

You're a star. :)


3 comments:

firefly said...

You're a star too! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to read more about your adventures! They are just going to get better! I know it! (okay, I will stop with the exclamation points now).

Our Kiwi (who now annoyingly constantly insists on telling me she's from Melbourne after living there for three years) friend left today after visiting us for awhile. The apt seemed very quite and empty and outside it is a gray and rainy day. So starlight for everyone!

Can't wait to see you after so long and hear about all of your adventures!

Xxxo Maria

firefly said...

quiet : ) now to deal with all the dishes, and clean-up and get to the train!

The Eel Fairy said...

oohhh Maria, so looking forward to seeing you darling. I still keep trying to like jazz, but I'm not there yet. Love xxx