Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rainbows and Stuff


The Gratitude Mood! 
31st May 2012

I’m getting back into my positive and wholesome frame of mind. I do like to use some of the experiences I’ve had to have a laugh, but I don't want to tread too far into Complaining Land.

Was I a little ungrateful regarding my date on Saturday?  Did I focus too much on what didn’t work? Well let me rectify that. Dear Holy Moon Doggies in the sky with shooting stars, I do appreciate a man who actually has the balls to ask you out on an old fashioned sort of date. He wasn't the man for me, but it was still very nice to give it a go. Good to be asked out in a conventional manner.

One day he will meet the woman of his dreams, and she will be delighted with his hard kiss, murmuring "ooh, more tooth". He will invite her to his apartment for some Georgian cooking and they will ravish each other over a meaty dish.


On Tuesday I saw a massive rainbow over K Rd (how perfect!) and then a shooting star in the early evening. 
I was walking into town from Ponsonby at around 4.30, grounding myself after a really good healing session with Tracey of Beyond The Veil. She'd been working on bringing in more masculine energy so that I have a good balance in my life.  It was a really amazing session, had a cry and felt like my heart was bursting ( in a good way). 
Mum was saying to me just the other day "isn't it amazing that when a person is sad that their heart actually hurts? That you can feel it physically?". Yes, I'd have to say I agree. All that 'symbolic' talk of broken or aching hearts is grounded in some kind of physical truth.
So as I walked into Ponsonby over the Hopetoun Bridge, there it was. The biggest, brightest, glowing promise of rainbow I think I've ever seen. Even if I'd had my camera I couldn't have done it justice. The sky was bruised and foreboding, and there was that strange kind of evening light, as if an Alien vessel might swoop by at any moment. I walked briskly and laughed as the rain lightly kissed my face.
Met up with DG and went to the art gallery; Degas to Dali was still on. I enjoyed seeing some of these works in 'real life'; there really is a difference. Courbet's wave was very nice and 'glowy', and I really liked James Cowie's 'Yellow Glove', but it was Dali's Exploding Raphaelesque Head I would have taken home if I'd had to choose. (sometimes the font size changes inexplicably in my blog and I dont' know how to control it).
Twas early evening as I walked back into Ponsonby.  I was sat in my car talking to Lisa, Woodsy Woman of the North. I have no cell phone coverage at home, and she has no land line, so I figured I may as well try and catch her in one of those in-between moments. She told me that her sister Julie is having her brain tumour operation on Thursday. We kept talking and as I looked out into the Ponsonby sky I saw a shooting star. It looked like a very short lived firework. 
It's now Thursday. You know what that means. Yes, Julie's having the operation ... but it's also time for .... CONSPIRACY CORNER with MATHEW DENTITH.


If I get BFM on live streaming, I should hear his dulcet tones in about five minutes. He always makes me laugh.


Enjoy your day. Wishing you rainbows, shooting stars, soft kisses and everything else your aching and wanting heart desires! :)





No comments: