Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Piha with Andrew, grooming ... and missing Korea!

January 18th 2012

Yesterday Andrew and I went out to Piha, it was warm enough to swim in the tidal pool after walking over the hill to the left of the beach. An easy and beautiful walk into Paradise. I feel like I'm really getting back to the contentment of my 'true self' which is a great relief.



I didn't say a lot about the depth of my recent depression in these blogs because I don't want to bring anyone down, but man, it was a right doozy. If you've ever been depressed (combined with our good friend Anxiety) then you'll understand how difficult it can be to get out of the hole. I'm outta the hole! Thank goddess!



So yeah, another amazing day at Piha. It's a place that never lets me down (that sounds like a sanitary napkin ad now, or was it a deodorant?). As much as Andrew enjoyed Europe he said it's definitely refreshed his appreciation of NZ.



Funnily enough, I'm missing Korea today. I wrote in my journal that I miss the predictable unpredictability of it ... and if you've ever lived in Korea you will know exactly what I mean. I looked at some photos from January 2011, the snow was thick and deep ...




Anyone who has actually lives there long term should just have WTF? tatooed on the inside of their palm, so that they can just hold it up silently whenever the next bit of shit goes down. I didn't get a smile from my school's caretaker until winter came and I helped shovel snow. Cracking the ice that had formed over the concrete was hard work, but it beat sitting in a freezing building waiting for someone to say something interesting on Facebook.

Andrew said he now realises that even though France does great cheese they can't compete when it comes to coffee, but that yes, people in Paris all look amazing and as if their clothes have all just come straight from the dry cleaners. Imagine the pressure! I spill crap down the front of myself on a regular basis, so reaching a Parisian standard of grooming would always be beyond me. However, the good thing is, I don't really care. I have days where I feel like looking immaculate (my version of it anyway) and other days where I don't care if I'm mistaken for a homeless person.




Well this was just a little bloggie, wanted to share with you how damn good it feels to be sane, still on holiday, and the sun it shining!

Today's star thought:
The Andromeda Galaxy colliding with the milky way ...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdIE26VOjFCuM0rbIYn2rpWD3HYvTjhZUcMPbq4DW5lgUUFf-OpxXePXQJPg

1 comment:

Aruno said...

Dam I look better with a full beard.
I might shave it all off and start again.