Popular Posts

Monday, January 16, 2012

Kare Kare: West Auckland slice of wild paradise!

Fantastic afternoon out at Kare Kare. It's not a place you'd want to go when feeling anxious or vulnerable, it's so open and windy. It was just what I wanted today ...
I felt completely soothed and had that 'alone but not alone' feeling.



I didn't go out till late this afternoon; the sun tried valiantly to shine and I had a sense of immense contentment as I took photos and soaked in the vastness of it all.


Also, I forgot to say in my last blog that Andrew is back from Europe! He got me a gorgeous necklace from Barcelona. Andrew is looking beautiful as ever, but we were good and didn't indulge in a romp because (shit, now why didn't we?) ... oh yeah, I'm keeping my energy clear in order to attract a man who wants to commit to me properly!



I'm a little sunblown and wind burnt .... my eyelids have that swollen feeling ...stoned on the sea. I have a few candles burning, Toscat sleeps, the house is quiet. Spoke with Lisa thismorning. She wanted to know what happened with 'Rose' and found it hard to believe that someone who has been my friend for 18 years doesn't yet 'get' me. But hey, we're all entitled to change or not change, to hold grudges if we want to, or to let go with love and an intention of forgiveness. I don't feel angry with Rose. I guess it's arrogant, but I just think it's her loss really.



Loss

The winds of Kare Kare will find your bones
bare
stripped of all your flesh
finally free
and flying

what loss is this
the coldest kiss
like a man who loves you in the morning
and meets another in the noon
we are all stumbling
from beach to bed
feathers and bone breaking in the seas of sorrow
but no
it is nothing
it was an absence
and there is nothing missing in you
nothing at all
you are whole
as ever
as always
and Kare Kare shows you the truth
with death
with wind
with water.

Candice.
x

No comments: