Popular Posts

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The End of this Blog.

The End: December 1st 2013.


It’s time to bring Creative Meowser Land to it’s conclusion.
It’s time for something else. Maybe there will be a new blog, but with a different focus. It might be called ‘I like woolly jumpers’ or ‘my life in op shops’.

Privacy is a funny old bird isn’t it? I have still been somewhat private despite how open my blog might seem. Oh, the things I’ve left out, you’d be proud of my self control! I may go back and remove some entries, or edit out things that I feel have the potential to do more harm than good. There might be whole entries that no longer need to be floating in the ether.

I got a book of Michael Leunig’s cartoony wisdom from the library and it’s just adorable. This collection is called ‘The Stick’, and I have found it most inspiring.

I’m also considering having a blog called “Less and Small”, where I do my best to have less and less and take joy in smaller and smaller things. This would be pretty challenging for me as I do love gathering little objects and buying clothes from op shops. What if I halved my wardrobe? These are the kind of things I’m pondering.

 Riding my bike and getting back into painting, cartooning and creative writing would count as ‘small things’. I do want a kayak which isn’t very ‘small’, and it then requires having a roof rack, then actually lifting it and going somewhere to use it. 

Do you think that in order to have a small goal you sometimes have to have a bigger initial goal in order to implement it?  What about people who have so much and yet are trapped in the treadmill of debt and anxiety? I suppose having a kayak isn't that outrageous. It’s just sort of big and cumbersome. On the ocean it would be small, and I could kayak for hours and be very content.

I saw Corn on Friday and he quoted Steven Wright “you can’t have everything, where would you put it?”.
This isn’t the way most people think though is it? I spoke to a man and I repeated the Wright quote to him. He looked at me and said ‘I’d find somewhere to put it”. Yeah, up his giant asshole probably.

So yesterday I threw myself into a metaphorical fire. I’m shaken and sore, but in a stable condition. I went somewhere and did some things and thought I might get some answers. 

Conclusions have been reached. No more voluntary walking through fire for me in the near future. Thanks for reading.

Fire Walking
By Candice.

The view of the lake is beautiful
clouds are moving fast in the sky
 blue
             dark fixed eyes
                      Steady intent
I put my hand on his chest
I don’t know what I thought would come of this
Come of this
           come of this
                    come of this

It’s a burning that will never been quenched
not by all of Rotoiti’s heavy water

                   the stench of it
clings to me
sulphur
and fire
excess desire

cows dance in the wet grass
my eyes hurt and my body is remade

no regrets then?
   Drink more water
Feel less sorry for self
Notice the small things
Wear a fire proof jacket.


 xxx

No comments: