Popular Posts

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I have a crush. Just a little one. Oh, and it's Easter.


So. Easter. To the left is The Easter Cat.

If you're of the Christian persuasion then I guess you might be getting your freak on with a bit of church going and crying about how great it was for Jesus to have died for you. If you're pagan you'll be into the whole renewal and fertility celebration ... cos that's what bunnies and eggs are all about!

I love Jesus, but I'm all for a bit of Pagan fun should it come my way.
Feeling a bit bloody tired today. Not entirely sure why, it's not like I've been scaling mountains or masturbating excessively. Was good having The Sexy Ex over the other day, but a Lover does not a boyfriend make.

Just finished reading a romantic comedy girl book. One of those ones where the girl is depressed about turning 30 (for fuck's sake) and always ends up with some really hot guy who is usually her best friend.

My best male friend is my ex-boyfriend, and he's 25. It's not going to end with a wedding, and neither should it. I suppose in years to come when he does marry someone who laments having to turn 30, I can be an aunt to their adorable children.


As for me, I have crush. This is not a fulfill-able crush.

This is simply a crush for the sake of feeling that thrill of desire run through
your body and soul without necessarily having to do anything about it.

You may laugh, for my crush works for Michael Hill Jeweller. MHJ is a chainstore style jewellery shop that creates a lot of stuff I would not wear. Michael used to have an accidentally amusing advertisement on TV years ago in which he would announce himself most emphatically. My friend and old flat mate Cornelius used to cry out "Micheal Hill, Satanist!" and this gave us many a moment's mirth. Ah yes, those were the days. Or perhaps these are the days.

Anyway, I went to get the latchy bit fixed on a silver chain, and lo and behold, the young man fixing it was SO NICE. In addition to being SO NICE he was wearing what might have been a wedding ring. Oh, and he's probably under 30.

I told him my theory about shop keepers needing velvet chaise lounges to recline on, how this would revolutionize the retail industry. I figure that if people in retail could relax then this would be good for customers. He was mildly amused by this, and I was in one of those moods where I was saying whatever came into my head. I imagined myself to be quite witty.

He was patient, fixed my chain, and looked at me with curiosity when I produced an Indian necklace and asked what kind of metal he thought it might be.
"What is it?" he asked
"Oh," I said
"It's a necklace ... see?" and I held it up around my neck for him to see how it sat. It's one of those ones that does up tight around the neck, then falls in the shape of a triangle pointing towards the breasts. I smiled and said all I had to do now was figure out what to wear with it. Something changed in his eyes. He could see me.

As he continued to repair my silver chain, I noticed his hands. Oh my god. Beautiful long fingers working delicately on silver, black hairs standing out on skin, masculine with a capital M. He had also gone bald young and chose to completely shave his head. With his glasses and uptight white shirt, he looked so straight you'd want to use him as a ruler. For some reason I found this quite sexy. He reminded me of a friend I fell in love with back when I was doing my degree, the same beautiful voice and amazing sweet presence.

We talked jewellery cleaner. I bought some (yeah, yeah.) He asked what kind of stone was on the necklace I was wearing. Pyrite. Fool's gold. I love you. I want to rip off your white shirt and see your dark chest hair. He showed me how bright my silver would be when I used the cleaner. Mm, fascinating. I asked his name. Goddmanit, the same name as the guy I loved sixteen years ago, and the same name as The Painter. Freaky. He asked mine.
"Candice"
"Can-dees, not Cand-is?"
"Yeah, that's how mum said it. Oh, and it means White Hot or Pure and Glowing."
He smiled again. God. Just beautiful.
"And which are you?"
"Both of course" I smiled back, and most gratifyingly, he laughed.
I walked away. I flirted! I never flirt!

I actually found that more exciting than having the super hot 27 year old throwing himself at me the night I went to Golden Dawn and got bullied by the bouncer who resembled my P addicted ex boss.

So that's my crush. Michael Hill Jeweller will never be the same. Does this mean I'm going to start buying gold gate bracelets and big silver hoop earrings? I hope not, but I certainly know where to go for jewellery cleanser.

Happy Easter lovely ones!






No comments: