Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Being Home in NZ! It's all good baby. June.

Picture: with Sarah on her mum's deck, Waiheke Island, New Zealand, Summer 2011.

So many things about being back in New Zealand are as good as I hoped, or better. There have been numerous challenges, but because I'm always looking to what's positive or good, these challenges haven't put me in the Hole.

Lately I've been keeping a Manifestation Booklet. It's a pretty little thing where I write down what I want, taking note of the date. When it happens, I write down the date too, so that I can see how often I create what I say I want. Sometimes it's things like wanting to sleep better (that comes and goes), or it might be getting a good job ... which I did!

I'm working as a contracter for Sadler and Associates as a Literacy tutor, and I am absolutely rapt. I like all the other staff I've met, I feel like I've finally found the job of my dreams. I get to make a difference and work for myself, and if I'm careful, I should be able to save enough to travel at the end of the year. Cousin Claire is off to Vietnam to teach, so I could visit her. I'd like mum to come too, get her out into the world.

My new flatting situation is amazing. When I walked in, I knew I was home. Tenika is one of those people who you feel like you've always known, she's warm, relaxed, funny and kind. She also has great taste in decor and clothes. Her 14 year old son is cool, although he's definitely getting into his grumpy teenage phase. Makes me think of the 90's Harry Enfield sketch of Kevin the Teenager.

It feels incredible to have all my dreams coming true. I love my life. It's fucking fantastic. I get to drink good coffee everyday, sleep in a comfortable (brand new mattress) bed, wear beautiful clothes, see wonderful friends, date hot men (findsomeone, thankyou) and sit in the peace of my being.

It's a good place to be. I'm home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Candi, I'm so happy to hear that everything is going so well for you. I really like the new blog too by the way. It's so bright and beautiful, aesthetically as well as the contents. You've worked so hard, gotten your CELTA, found yourself a job, and seem to be living an amazing life. You're an inspiration. I've been working on getting a blog up and running because of you! Much love!!